Powerglide transmission shield (RED)
- Trans Shield made of high strength, light weight 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Adjustable belly strap for use with deep pan or standard pan.
- Precision-fitted to save time on installation/removal.
- Smooth radiused finish on all edges (no sharp corners - additional cooler line clearance).
- SFI Approved (recertification required every 5 years).
- Hole and pem nut that's SFI approved in 1996 and later versions (Powerglide models only).
SFI approved to SFI 4.1 specifications. B&M shields are manufactured of lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum alloy and include all necessary hardware. B&M units fit properly and are easier to remove and install. The Powerglide unit has been redesigned with an added pem nut to the right side which allows a dip stick tube to be bolted to the shield and additional clearance has been added to the cooler fitting location for installation of quick release fittings. The lower belly strap allows installation of a shifter cable bracket (two holes have been added to the strap for deep pans). These changes have been made at the request of the racers. This redesigned unit has been SFI approved.